Day trip with 3 dives
Shark Point, King Cruiser Wreck & Koh Doc Mai
- Diver: 3,400 – 3,700 baht ( / / )
- Non diving partners can join for 2,000 baht per person
- This day trip runs every day
- It’s available all year round
Who is this day trip for?
- Certified divers with experience, the wreck is not suitable for beginner divers.
- Three different dive types, a great mix.
- One wreck, one soft coral pinnacle, one wall/drift dive.
- Underwater photographers.
- All dives are guided by an experienced PADI divemaster.
- Tanks, weights, weight belt
- Light breakfast, tea, coffee, drinking water, buffet lunch on the boat
- Round trip transfers by air conditioned minibus from hotels in Kamala, Kalim, Patong, Karon, Kata, Naiharn, Rawai, Chalong beach areas.
What’s not included:
- Equipment rental set (bcd, reg, mask, ws, fins): 500 baht ( / / )
- Nitrox (300 baht/tank)
- Hotel transfers from other areas (available for an extra charge)
- Soft drinks (30 baht/can), alcoholic drinks (beers 60 baht/can)
This is a sample itinerary, the order of the dives can be changed.
0700-0745 hrs: Pick up from your hotel reception and transfer by AC minivan to Chalong.
0800-0830 hrs: Boarding the dive boat
0830-1000 hrs: Cruise east from Chalong bay. Shark Point and the King Cruiser wreck are very close to each other, about half way between Phuket and Phi Phi. There will be a boat briefing and introductions when you board the boat. There is time for a coffee and a breakfast snack then you and your divemaster will set up and check your dive gear. That leaves time to relax on board until you reach the dive site.
About 20 minutes before the boat arrives at the mooring there will be a dive site briefing. The first briefing of the day is the longest as it includes the dive procedures. When the briefing is over the first group of divers will start kitting up. Divers will jump in groups to avoid crowds in the water.
1000-1100 hrs: Dive 1. This could be at Shark Point or the wreck.
1100-1230 hrs: When all divers are back on the boat a Thai food buffet lunch will be served. Lots of food tasty for everyone!
The surface interval will be one hour (at least). So time to relax, check the fish ID books, or go for a swim. No need to change your tanks, the crew will fill them with the on board compressor.
1230-1330: Dive 2
1330-1415 hrs: After dive two the boat will slowly cruise to Koh Doc Mai which is half way between Shark Point and Phuket.
1430-1530 hrs: Dive 3 at Koh Doc Mai. Take it slow and hunt for critters on the wall, like seahorses and harlequin ghost pipefish.
1530-1630 hrs: When all divers are accounted for after dive 3 the boat starts the cruise back to Phuket. If you have rental gear your dive master will take care of it for you. If you have your own gear you can rinse it with the fresh water showers and let it dry in the sun.
Fresh showers are available. By the time you are showered and changed some cold beers will have appeared in the ice box. Time to fill in logbooks, exchange contact details with new friends and swap photos.
About 10 minutes before arrival at the pier the tour leader will ask that all guests pack their gear and check that they have all their belongings. A tip box will also appear so you can leave something for the boat boys.
1630-1800 hrs: Once back at the pier you will transferred back to your hotel. See you again soon!
*itineraries are subject to change at the discretion of the captain and tour leader and dependent on weather/tide conditions.
About these dive sites
- Shark Point – Soft corals, huge gorgonian seafans, and leopard sharks.
- King Cruiser Wreck -A car ferry that sank in 1997. 32 m deep. 85 m long. 23 m wide. The best wreck dive within recreational limits around Phuket.
- Koh Doc Mai – Flower Island. A wall dive full of critters (and the occasional whale shark).