Day trip with 2 dives
Koh Bon (Similan Islands national park)
- Diver: 5,600 baht ( / / )
- National Park Fee: 700 baht per diver ( / / )
- Non diving partners can join for 3,600 baht per person plus 500 baht park fee
- Wednesday or Sunday.
- Koh Bon diving day trips run from October 15th to May 15th. Koh Bon is park of the Similan Islands national park which closes from May 16th to October 14th.
Who is this day trip for?
- The pre-requisites to join this day trip are advanced or deep certification with dives logged within the last year.
- A Koh Bon day trip is for divers who want to see mantas. Manta Rays are the main draw at Bon Island. Ideally we recommend at least a 2d 1n liveaboard to Similan/Koh Bon but if time is limited a day trip will give you a taste.
- All dives are guided by an experienced PADI divemaster.
- Tanks, weights, weight belt
- Buffet lunch on the boat, drinking water, tea, coffee.
- Round trip transfers by air conditioned minibus from hotels in Patong, Karon, Kata & Chalong beach areas.
- Transfers are also available from Khao Lak hotels in Nangthong and Bangniang beach areas.
What’s not included:
- Equipment rental set (bcd, reg, mask, ws, fins): 500 baht ( / / )
- Hotel transfers from other areas (available for an extra charge)
0600-0745 hrs: Pick up from your hotel reception and transfer by AC minivan to the pier at Thap Lamu (just south of Khao Lak).
0800-0830 hrs: Check in and board the transfer speedboat.
0830-1000 hrs: 90 minutes speedboat ride to Koh Bon where the speedboat meets up with the dive boat. Transfer gear across and get kitted up straight away. There is no hanging around on the South Siam day trip, there isn’t time. Get on board, get ready, listen to a quick briefing and off you go.
1030-1130 hrs: Dive 1 at Koh Bon plateau. Fingers crossed for mantas.
1130-1300 hrs: When all divers are back on the boat a Thai food buffet lunch will be served. Lots of food tasty for everyone!
The surface interval will be at least one hour. No need to change your tanks, the crew will fill them with the on board compressor. You have just enough time for lunch then it’s back on with the wetsuit for dive two.
1330-1430: Dive 2 at Koh Bon.
1430-1500 hrs: After dive two pack up the gear and grab a quick fresh water shower before the speedboat arrives to transfer you back to the mainland. If you have rental gear your dive master will take care of it for you.
1500-1630 hrs: Arrive back at the pier and transfer back to the minivan for the ride back to Phuket.
1630-1800 hrs: The journey from Khao Lak back to north Phuket takes about 80 minutes. If you are staying in south Phuket add another hour until you are back at your hotel
*itineraries are subject to change at the discretion of the captain and tour leader and dependent on weather/tide conditions.
About Koh Bon diving