Phuket Underwater photography course
PADI Digital Underwater Photographer
- Price: 4,900 baht per person
- 1 full day
- 3 dives at either the Racha Islands (Racha Noi and Racha Yai), Phi Phi Islands, King Cruiser, Shark Point, Koh Doc Mai. You choose the dive sites.
- Experienced PADI Instructor with the underwater photographer specialty instructor rating.
- Use of a full set of dive equipment (if you have your own equipment discount 500 baht)
- Light breakfast, tea, coffee, drinking water, buffet lunch on the boat
- Round trip transfers to the boat at Chalong pier are provided from hotels in Kamala, Kalim, Patong, Karon, Kata, Naiharn, Rawai and Chalong beach areas
What’s not included:
- Hotel transfers from other areas (available for an extra charge).
- Underwater camera rental
- PADI manual and certification fee
Who is the Digital Underwater Photographer Course for?
- Any certified diver who want’s to learn the basics of underwater photography
- A diver who wants to take better underwater photos
- You must be PADI Open Water certified with good buoyancy control.
When and where?
- The Digital Underwater Photographer course can be completed at any Phuket dive sites.
- The dive boat departs from Chalong Bay Phuket.
- The course takes 1 day
- Why not combine the underwater photographer specialty with the Nitrox specialty so you can spend more time at depth to get the perfect shot.
- Contact us now to book your diving or to ask any questions you have.
What’s involved, what will you learn?
- Camera and housing selection based on your needs and budget.
- Camera and housing maintenance.
- The primary principles for good underwater composition.
- The PADI Sea method (shoot, examine, adjust) for taking great shots quickly.
- Practical techniques and tips to take great photos with your underwater camera.
Armed with a little knowledge any diver can take amazing underwater photos, even with a basic point and shoot camera. The PADI Underwater Photographer course will teach you how. You will learn about different types of camera and camera care. You will learn techniques like camera set up for macro and wide angle shots, white balance, use of flash and zoom, composition, camera angles and much more.
In just one day you should see a huge improvement in your photos. The basics taught provide a grounding for what could become a serious hobby (beware, underwater photography is addictive).
The course consists of three dives at your choice of Racha Yai, Racha Noi, Phi Phi Islands, Shark Point, King Cruiser Wreck and Koh Doc Mai. Between the dives you will have time to review your shots on the boat.
You must be at least Open Water diver certified to take this course, you should also have good buoyancy control. Without good control underwater you’ll never take good photos so consider taking a peak performance buoyancy workshop first if necessary, you will then get more out of your photo specialty course.
One day trip with three dives under instructor supervision.
More info on the web (external websites):