Learn to identify and deal with diving related emergencies
PADI Rescue Diver Course Phuket
- 15,000 baht per diver ( / / )
- Three full days (2 day trips) with 5-6 dives
- Open water sessions will be at the Racha Islands
- Experienced PADI Instructor
- Use of a full set of dive equipment
- PADI manual
- PADI certification fee.
- Light breakfast, tea, coffee, drinking water, buffet lunch on the boat
What’s not included:
- Transfers to the dive centre
What’s involved, what will you learn?
- How to identify and deal with problems and emergencies underwater, and on the surface. Skills that could save a life.
- Self rescue skills. You need to be able to take care of yourself before you can assist others.
- Recognizing and dealing with diver stress.
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers.
Who is this Rescue course for?
- Divers who want to advance their skills and experience. You can start the rescue course straight after the advanced course.
- PADI Rescue Diver pre-requisites are:
-PADI Advanced Diver (or equivalent) certified
-PADI EFR or equivalent First Aid & CPR trained within the last two years.
-Minimum age 12 years old
-Medically fit to dive.
-Not flying on any plane for at least 18 hours after diving.
When and where?
- You can start the PADI Rescue course any day, it is available all year round. The dive boat departs from Chalong Bay Phuket.
After the Rescue course?
- Relax with some liveaboard diving? Or may be think about turning pro with the PADI Divemaster qualification.
- Contact us now to book your diving or to ask any questions you have.
What will you experience on the PADI Rescue course?
The PADI Rescue diver course is where divers move from a skill and knowledge level that allows them to take care of themselves underwater to a level that allows them to look out for other divers and assist in an emergency situation if required.
For many divers the Rescue course is the a stepping stone from being a recreational diver to being a PADI Pro, the next step after the PADI Rescue course is the PADI Divemaster course.
Much of the Rescue course is focused on prevention of accidents before they occur rather than dealing with accidents after the event. It’s a course with a serious subject matter, diving is very safe but when injuries occur they are often life threatening. But’s it’s also a fun course that challenges participants both physically and mentally.
A prerequisite of PADI Rescue Diver certification is a current (within the last 24 months) CPR certificate, most divers do the one day PADI EFR program in conjunction with the PADI Rescue course.
The PADI EFR course teaches basic first aid and CPR skills. Our courses are taught by a PADI diving instructor and obviously have a diving accidents related bias but the skills are applicable to everyday life situations also.
PADI EFR Course
Price: 6,000 baht
Duration: 1 day classroom
Number of dives: 0
Included in the course: PADI EFR Manual, PADI certification fee, hotel transfers from Phuket main beach hotels.